As soon as I started living and traveling with people from all around the world, I found myself challenging assumptions I never knew I had. Travelling on a budget makes you grow into a bigger person. You can learn so many things about the world just by putting yourself in it.
Friends are made for intense short periods and then move on. After a year of travelling like this I became sad about losing so many friends. I found out that even though they are gone, friends can just pop back into your life unexpectedly. I find that people I traveled with are now dropping into my place when they come to my country. And I believe that I will be as welcome in many houses overseas in the years to come.
The excitement of planning the next move, getting the next pay and meeting new people, makes me feel alive. Every day can change. The spontaneity of this life makes for a world with less rules and more freedom. No more, "I can't go away, I can't get someone to look after the dog". It's just a world of "Yep, I'll go!". Complete freedom....
Experiencing other cultures and the way other people live makes travellers more tolerant of others and less tolerant around ignorance.

Independence is another selling point of being a shoestring traveller. You learn some basic life skills. How to cook, get a job, buy a car if your lucky, get from one destination to the next...
Travelling, living and learning is all wrapped up into one package. It's a lifestyle and once you get your hands onto it then it will be hard to stop.

Independence is another selling point of being a shoestring traveller. You learn some basic life skills. How to cook, get a job, buy a car if your lucky, get from one destination to the next...
Travelling, living and learning is all wrapped up into one package. It's a lifestyle and once you get your hands onto it then it will be hard to stop.

No comments:
Post a Comment